Your Prospect! Who Exactly Is This?
I was talking with Gillian, a new member on our team the other day and the conversation came up about talking on the phone with your prospect.
She told me “I never have the nerve to call anyone on the phone”
I told her I used to be this way as well but the main thing is to just pick up the phone and get to it.
I also told her that I was going to write about this on my blog this week and she stated “defo do a blog post on this”
So Here It Is…
The first thing I want to share with everyone about communicating with your prospect is…
Just meet new people.
What does this mean to you?
Do you know who your prospect is?
Your prospect is someone who has a genuine need or desire for what you have and has connected with you in some way to get more information.
Ponder This Question For A Minute.
There is only one fundamental reason for this and that is because you think that what ever you are about to purchase is going to make your life a little better in some sort of a way.
If you want to be a successful internet marketer you have to learn how to communicate with your prospect on how your product or service is going to make their life a little easier.
Bottom line, this is the most logical thought you need to hold when you are talking with your prospect and you don’t know what to say.
Just remember this one phrase, there is only one business and that is the business of making your prospects life better.
A business that does not do this does not survive!
Greet everyone you meet, just get your prospects to talk open and freely to you.
9 Must Do’s When Communicating With Your Prospect
1. Be interested in your prospect quit looking at them as a target. Just start asking your prospects questions, some examples would be: “What do you do for a living?” “Why did you answer my ad?” “What made you sign in to my website?”
Now actually listen to their answers and take notes, you will need these later on.
2. Do not get distracted when talking with a prospect. When you are talking with a prospect do not let anything distract you, don’t do anything other then zone into what your prospect is saying.
Don’t even think about what you are going to say because each prospect you talk to will be different. Just pay attention to what they are saying and always be on the look out for clues; this is your opportunity to let them know you care about them.
3. Have a sincere friendly facial expression. This may sound funny but do this even if you are on the phone with your prospect, just pay attention to this.
4. Use the right amount of assertiveness. The word “assert” means the force you use to get your opinion known. Don’t shove your business down your prospect throat.
Not enough assertiveness can be just as bad, it s not going to do you any good to be shy or timid. Don’t ever worry about offending anyone, remember they need you.
5. Communicate with your prospect easily.
What this means is you must be knowledgeable about what you have. Know what you are taking about, if you are new then quit talking about it and learn your business, don’t make excuses.
The person who doesn’t rehearse is a person who has not rehearsed enough, does this make sense to you? And don’t forget to communicate on the prospects level, every prospect is going to be different.
6. When you do meet someone in person, make sure your body doesn’t distract your prospect. Perfume or cologne can be offending to your prospects, so leave this at home, dress casual and make a great appearance.
After all what is your intention? To make your prospects life better Right? Not to win any beauty contests here.
7. Tell the truth. Your prospects respect people who tell the truth, so just always be upfront and honest with everyone. If you cannot make this prospects life better then do not talk about it.
8. Have the right intention, the intention to make your prospects life better. Care more about the good of others and if you get this one right you won’t have enough time to spend all of your money.
If you have the right intent, the intent to make your prospects life easier then you cannot screw up.
As always, Thanks for visiting my blog.
Here’s To Success. Here’s To Happiness
***If you enjoyed this Blog Post 9 Must Do’s When Communicating With Your Prospect Pin It, Retweet and Comment Please!***